- Climate scientists alarmed at speed of ocean warming The Times
- Oceans heating up faster than expected, set record in 2018 Al Jazeera English
- Ocean Warming Is Accelerating Faster Than Thought, New Research Finds The New York Times
- We’re Boiling the Ocean Faster Than We Thought New York Magazine
- Ocean Warming: new research shows acceleration faster than thought | #GME euronews (in English)
- View full coverage on Google News
The oceans are warming at a faster rate than was thought, according to the biggest analysis of sea temperatures so far. The vast majority of the extra heat from climate change is stored in the oceans but until recently there were few reliable methods of measuring it. Researchers have now combined
Scientific findings raise new concerns about pace of climate change and its effects on marine life and sea levels.
An analysis concluded that Earth’s oceans are heating up 40 percent faster on average than a United Nations panel estimated five years ago, a finding with dire implications for climate change.
The Earth’s oceans are warming 40 percent faster than the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change (IPCC) had previously estimated, according to a study published in the journal Science Thursday.
New research says the oceans are warming some 40% faster than previously estimated. To discuss this further, we're joined by Denis Loctier (@Loctier), who is...