- Department stores are 'fighting for their lives,' says ex-Target exec Gerald Storch CNBC
- Macy's stock has its worst day in history CNN
- Macy's stock has worst day ever on weak holiday sales, pulling the entire retail sector down CNBC
- Macy’s Flop Lets Investors Indulge Their Worst Fears Bloomberg
- Retail stocks get crushed as Macy's, Kohl's holiday sales numbers disappoint Yahoo Finance
- View full coverage on Google News
Macy's disappointing holiday sales is less about the consumer and more about department stores' relevance these days, says former CEO and Target executive Gerald Storch.
American stores had a great holiday. So why are their stocks getting killed?
Macy's says same-store sales during November and December were up just 1.1 percent. The department store chain cuts its sales and profit outlook for fiscal 2018.
It was a robust holiday shopping season, but some retailer's comp store sales growth numbers are disappointing investors.