- F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia The New York Times
- FBI Probed Whether Trump Was Working For Russia After Comey Firing: Report HuffPost
- Comey firing prompted FBI to probe whether Trump was working for Russia: NYT | TheHill The Hill
- FBI reportedly opened probe into whether President Trump secretly worked for Russia after Comey firing - NY Da New York Daily News
- View full coverage on Google News
The investigation, whose fate is unclear, led counterintelligence investigators to consider an explosive question: whether the president’s actions constituted a possible threat to national security.
Law enforcement officials launched an investigation into whether the president was secretly working on Russia's behalf, according to The New York Times.
Shortly after President Trump fired former FBI Director James Comey in 2017, the FBI launched an inquiry into whether Trump was working for Russia,