- German WWI submarine wreck exposed off French coast Atlanta Journal Constitution
- World War I German submarine unearthed in Northern France Fox News
- German WW1 submarine emerges off French coast BBC News
- German WWI submarine RESURFACES 100 years after crew abandoned craft to surrender Daily Mail
- German WWI U-boat now visible from shore in France CNN
- View full coverage on Google News
A German submarine scuttled more than 100 years ago off the coast of France has been revealed by shi...
More than a century after it sunk into the sands of a Northern France beach, a German submarine from World War One has been unearthed.
Shifting sands expose the hull of the UC-61 which was stranded off Wissant, near Calais, in July 1917.
The wreckage of German submarine UC-61 has reappeared off Wissant, near Calais. The vessel was scuttled by its crew in July 1917 and all 26 men surrendered to French authorities.
Low tides have revealed a relic from World War I -- the skeleton of a German U-boat visible again off the coast of northern France.