- Governor Bill Haslam Grants Clemency To Cyntoia Brown icecreamconvos.com
- Celebrities rallied around Cyntoia Brown, but some worry about 'Kardashian effect' NBC News
- Tarana Burke on What We Can Learn From Cyntoia Brown's Story TIME
- Cyntoia Brown has been granted clemency. But what's next for others like her? NBCNews.com
- View full coverage on Google News
After serving 15 years in prison for murder, Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has granted clemency to Cyntoia Brown! Get the scoop.
Defense attorneys and legal experts worry that the desire for celebrity endorsements might overshadow an already fraught process for inmates in the criminal justice system.
Breaking news and analysis from TIME.com. Politics, world news, photos, video, tech reviews, health, science and entertainment news.
Cyntoia Brown, a Tennessee woman who was convicted for killing a man who paid her for sex, was granted clemency Monday. But activists say the fight isn't over.
If the president invokes emergency powers to build a wall, it could be a mutually face-saving way to reopen the government, but also a violation of constitutional norms.