- The worst case scenario for conservatives if Trump invokes emergency powers to build a border wall Washington Examiner
- Republicans grapple with executive power as Trump weighs national emergency ABC News
- Emergency: Trump splits the GOP The Washington Post
- GOP rejected Obama's executive reach, warily accepts Trump's ABC News
- All the reasons there is no ‘emergency’ The Washington Post
- View full coverage on Google News
If President Trump tries to invoke emergency powers to build a border wall and fails in courts, it would be bad for conservatives. But if he succeeds in court, it would be even worse.
As the government shutdown passes a milestone as the longest in modern U.S. history, some Republicans have become unlikely cheerleaders of Trump's tactics.
Get breaking national and world news, broadcast video coverage, and exclusive interviews. Find the top news online at ABC news.