- Trump cancels trip to Davos summit, citing Dem ‘intransigence’ on border security Fox News
- Trump cancels trip to Davos amid standoff over shutdown CNBC
- Trump cancels Davos trip over government shutdown POLITICO
- President Trump cancels Davos trip because of government shutdown USA TODAY
- Trump to skip Davos if government remains closed | TheHill The Hill
- View full coverage on Google News
President Trump on Thursday announced that he is cancelling his trip this month to the annual World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland -- citing Democratic “intransigence” on border security amid a partial government shutdown.
Trump cites his standoff with Democrats over border wall funding for the cancellation.
"I intended to go and speak in front of the international community in Davos. That's still on, but if the shutdown continues — it's a little while from now — but if the shutdown continues, I won't go."
President Trump on Thursday said he will skip the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, later this month if the partial government shutdown continues. Trump told reporters at the White House that the trip i