- Trump could take billions from disaster areas to fund wall NBC News
- Exclusive: Pentagon preparing options to build border wall as Trump weighs emergency declaration USA TODAY
- White House Looking Into Diverting Army Corps Funds to Build Wall The Wall Street Journal
- Trump admin looking at disaster recovery, military construction funds for wall if he declares a national emergency CNN
- Trump may use Puerto Rico, California disaster funds to build border wall New York Post
- View full coverage on Google News
President Donald Trump has been briefed on a plan to fund the wall with money set aside for civil works projects in the U.S. including Puerto Rico.
The White House has asked the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to look into projects approved in a bill providing disaster relief for Puerto Rico, Texas, California and Florida to see where funding could be diverted to build a wall along the border with Mexico, according to a congressional aide familiar the discussions.
The Trump administration is actively examining using billions of dollars in unspent Defense Department disaster recovery and military construction funds for the construction of a border wall in the event the President declares a national emergency, according to a US official.
President Trump has been briefed about using disaster-relief money meant to help storm-soaked Puerto Rico and fire-ravaged California to build his border wall,...