- U.S. Has 'Begun The Process' Of Withdrawing From Syria, Pentagon Says NPR
- US military officially withdrawing troops from Syria Vox
- Americans who fought alongside the Kurds in Syria feel betrayed by Trump Los Angeles Times
- John Bolton’s Wars The New York Times
- How not to withdraw from Syria | TheHill The Hill
- View full coverage on Google News
The US military is officially withdrawing troops from Syria, despite Bolton and Pompeo’s efforts to change Trump’s mind.
President Trump’s decision to pull U.S. troops from Syria is viewed as a betrayal by American volunteers who fought alongside Kurdish militias there to oust Islamic State.
It falls to the national security adviser to defend the incomprehensible.
The sudden decision to pull troops out is diplomatic malpractice that will have severe consequences.