- Winter Storm Gia: 5 Dead, Hundreds Stranded on Interstates and Thousands Without Power The Weather Channel
- Storm dumps piles of snow on Midwest as it moves East; 5 people dead in crashes USA TODAY
- Storm woes continue; stay home Saturday , MoDOT ask KPLR 11 St. Louis
- Heavy snow blasts Kansas as major winter storm pushes east USA TODAY
- Storm cuts power to 8,000 in Boone County Columbia Daily Tribune
- View full coverage on Google News
Here are the latest impacts from Winter Storm Gia.
A bitter winter storm that dumped more than 9 inches of snow on St. Louis spread eastward across the country Saturday, threatening heavy snow in Kentucky, th...
The Columbia Water and Light Department asked for mutual aid and an emergency declaration Saturday as power outages caused by trees and limbs sagging under record-setting snowfall neared 9,000 customers.The department made the request at 8:37 a.m. and crews from Macon, Palmyra and Rolla are responding to the request, a news release from the city stated. PAR Electrical and Asplundh are also helping in to restore power and remove broken or sagging limbs.At 2 p.m., there were about 8,900 Columbia